Monday, August 25, 2008

Even if my life amounted to nothing else, I Lived!


Sometimes, the thought of what we can achieve with our life on Earth is pretty paralysing. There are so many wrongs to right and so many battles to fight. There are demons inside us and circumstances surrounding us. The perfect time and place to do the perfect thing doesn't seem to ever arrive. 

Whether or not I've devised this particular way to live or I am simply 'like this' by 'nature', I am not sure. But I've simply chosen to live in such a way that when i die, the very act of how I've lived my life becomes an inspiration by itself. I might not have published some great literature or have my name written in history nor won the nobel prize for anything nor achieved great feats at the Olympics, or got assassinated because of some cause I was fighting for or led a nation or did anything particularly extraordinary by design.

I realize that I have no say over other people's lives, which also makes it true that, given the point that one is a free person, others don't have a say over mine too. I believe, to truly live, is to possess an ability to somewhat challenge the status quo or take some risks in life. And if we're going to take risks, we might as well take those which does not involve harming oneself or others considerably. I find it rather strange that there are people who are afraid of risking their 'job' but go around keeping a second partner or are otherwise promiscuous with their life. I find it strange that people are willing to wager on random numbers but not wager on their own ability to acquire knowledge and produce more value. 

I think, if we all look very closely, everyone around is an inspiration of sorts. It's just whether they're a bit or very inspiring. I'd like my life to be particularly inspiring. I think it's really not easy to arrive at a sum of our life that becomes inspiring to others. The trick is in not making it seem hard at all - that is what truly inspires. To not be bitter, broken and jaded by the lot we were given. But to be sweet, kind, generous, honest, joyful, healing and happy after all those years. 

If my life were to amount to nothing else, at least it should amount to a life that has made others feel loved, uplifted, inspired. I think my new friend, Rio, is an epitome of that. I hope all the joy and love she has brought to other beings will fruition into a great karmic explosion of good health, wealth and happiness for her when she returns to Germany soon. 

No comments: