Monday, August 25, 2008

What a Wonderful World

I have been trying to play "What a wonderful World" by ear and I finally got it! (At least, I think I did.) And I think the positive feel of that song went deep into my subconscious......

I had this dream last night - where I was a very happy, confident, secure person. A person who could make anything I desired come true using only the goodness of my intentions and the superior wisdom that I came to possess!

I walked into a cafe/restaurant at lunchtime, so full of people. Some couples, some families, some tourists, some working people. I was looking for a table but it was all so full. It has a split level inside, including alfresco dining outside. It looked like one of those New York restaurants, with white linen tablecloths, white/yellow fresh flowers on the table, wine glasses with plain water, waiters in their black uniforms and bowtie with a long white apron. The weather was sunny and clear. 

I found myself half floating half walking, looking for a seat, because Thea and perhaps another person that was dear to me, was going to join me here for lunch...and suddenly, like Matt Parkman, I seemed to have the ability to hear inside everyone's heads! I sensed some people's troubles and doubts, so as I moved along each of them, I waved my finger in the air and blessed them with different messages of love, happiness, joy, courage, wisdom.......for them to gain the ability to overcome to what troubled them most. 

Yes, you could say that I was like Jesus! Except I wasn't in robes....I was just a regular person bursting with a great white-yellow energy, the same color scheme the restaurant was, and I emanated healing (though, I'm sure temporary) blessings to them. (Being the same color scheme as my surrounding, nobody noticed the 'emanation'.)

Writing about this reminds me of a few other dreams I've had in the past where I was glowing or dressed in white and the color scheme was made up of hues of buttery or light yellow with a lot of bright white. One was where I was dressed like going to Umrah or Hajj, and I stood in the middle of a white, glistening desert. The sun was ablaze but I felt no heat. I walked and walked but I did not move, and suddenly I saw a glistening white house of worship. As I approached, I heard quiet singing or chanting,  and when I looked in, there were people welcoming me, as if they had been waiting for me. The strange thing was, I told this to my Hindu colleague (Suseela) while we were out on field assignment one day, and she said she'd not wanted to tell me before, but she had a dream of me dressed that way too. :)

Those dreams seem to tell me that I have been asked to be a healer of pain and hurts. Right now I don't know how that is possible. Part of me is still caught in my Ego-defined world, so it's not really that easy to imagine I can really be a healer. 

I seem to have two types of lucid dreams. One where I am completely radiant and awash in white light with cream yellow shades - and another where I keep trying to run away from a war or run away from an approaching tidal wave. The latter dreams are filled with dark fire or gray, dirty water trying to swallow and destroy everything, people being killed because they couldn't hear or see the approaching danger.  (The Dec 2004 tsunami depressed me for awhile because I felt like I brought this upon the world by dreaming of it and the devastation it caused. I have been having dreams like those since I was a teenager....they are intermittent, but each time those episodes resume, it was as if no time had passed in my real life.) The people in my dreams could never seem to hear me shout at them to run because it is their first time in my dream compared to my experience where I'm just in it like a replayed video. 

I'm listening to my own playing of What a Wonderful World and I could do that all night but it's time to get back to someone who truly loves me and misses me badly!

No comments: