Friday, December 5, 2008

To save the world, each of us brings with us the awareness and aptitudes to materialise our awareness into this world. And while most have this treasure buried, my excavations into my own soul has shown me that I am making my digs in the right direction.

As a child, I was always told not to waste food because other people are dying from having nothing to eat. I answered, "If you adults know that, why don't you just send extra food there? That way, everyone will have enough and no one would have too much that they waste nor will others not have enough that they starve."

You grow up realizing that most adults know nothing about saving the world. If people can make so much money why waste it on extravagant and luxury items instead of sending it to people who need the money? And if one group of people know how to make money, why not everyone else?

So you grow up to realize that all that advice and ambition adults fire you up about 'growing up to be rich and famous' are actually the same causes that creates poverty and oppression. Abundance, wealth and opulence have different meanings, the latter two closer to each other than the first. We live in a world of abundance, and Gandhi has summed it up that "We have enough for our needs, but not for our greed."

How do we balance the scales? The

No comments: